Xdebug 2.0.1

I just released Xdebug 2.0.1 . This version comes with a few bug fixes but the main thing is greatly improved performance of Xdebug's Code Coverage functionality. To give an idea on what kind of improvement I'm talking, I am including very rough benchmark results. For this benchmark I ran the test suite of the eZ Components' Graph component without code coverage checking, with Xdebug 2.0.0 and Xdebug 2.0.1. The results are as follows:

Without code coverage: 1m00s
With code coverage, old Xdebug (2.0.0): 132m38s
With code coverage, new Xdebug (2.0.1): 4m57s

That's quite something if you ask me :-)

When I released Xdebug 2.0.0 , I asked users (you!) to send me a postcard if you appreciate my work on Xdebug. So far, I received (only) 19 of them. I put them online at flickr . I am waiting for more ;-) (Address is here ).

Comments

Awesome!

I went from 28.46 to 1.29 on a project of mine :))

This will save me so much time!

This is indeed great work, we're doing test runs in 2.5 minutes now! (down from ~ 22 minutes)

Down from 02:14 to 00:12 here :)

Small cosmetic glitch: xdebug-2.0.1 reports its version as being xdebug-2.0.2-dev in phpinfo.

Add Comment

Name:
Email:

Will not be posted. Please leave empty instead of filling in garbage though!
Comment:

Please follow the reStructured Text format. Do not use the comment form to report issues in software, use the relevant issue tracker. I will not answer them here.


All comments are moderated

Life Line