Since we launched the eZ Components almost two years ago we've been using squid to accelerate our PEAR channel server . Until today that never caused any problems. As part of normal routines I updated all the Debian packages on this machine and with that came now a new version of Squid. Unfortunately, this new Squid (2.6) doesn't accept the old syntax (for Squid 2.5) for HTTP acceleration mode anymore and things stopped working. After some digging I found out that:
httpd_accel_host 127.0.0.1 httpd_accel_port 8080 httpd_accel_single_host on httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
should now be:
http_port 80 defaultsite=components.ez.no cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query originserver acl oursites dstdomain components.ez.no http_access allow oursites
Now it all works fine again.